Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas

I've been in different parts of the Philippines and I've never found a place like Baguio especially during the yuletide. It just offers a different feeling. Baguio City has been labeled as the Summer capital of the Philippines due to its cool climate. It houses resorts of hot springs that invigorate one's soul with warmth. During eve, you can see the ranges with sparkling lights just like stars that fell from the heavens or simply Christmas lights. Again, I say that Baguio is the perfect place to spend time with your family during the yuletide season.

I miss Baguio. Whenever my family travels and spends time in Baguio, I would constantly feel bliss, i become excited. I simply don't know what Baguio gives me but what's important is that the place fosters the bonding of our family. Now, I can't even feel the presence of the yuletide season. I don't know what happened. I'm alone. We're not going to spend our Christmas there. The feeling's just unusual.

We don't have gifts under our Christmas tree. Nobody has been planning for the most awaited moment, well as for me, the noche buena. I miss those times when we would be having our own countdown until 12 mn. We would then exchange our gifts with our manitos or manitas. I feel sad that this may not actually happen this year.

Christmas is just for children. I guess, this was what my parents just taught me. Now that I and my siblings are all grown up, we inevitably forget all about the importance of Christmas. I know that gifts are not the gist of Christmas. But now, my family is missing the most important moral of Christmas, being together, loving each other, and just spending time together.

I pray that my kiddy Christmas views won't stop. I pray that Christmas would just be for everyone; not just for children. I miss Christmas, I miss my family.

To all, Merry Christmas and I wish that you guys find the true meaning of the yuletide season.


No comments:

Post a Comment