Friday, January 15, 2010

When You Needed Friends

Med school gives me the stresses in life, big time!

Just a while back, my sister called. She told me that we have a problem—a family problem that is. Honestly, I become so anxious and affected every time I’m faced with problems especially concerning my family.

Now that I’m alone here in the metro, far from my family, I feel so helpless. I need friends to talk to. If only I was with my old friends, that I can call them anytime; we, spending time together; us, grabbing a bottle of beer and talking about our problems; then I would be so far from insanity.

As what I said, med school gives me the stresses in life. Adding up the fact that you cannot expect your med friends to be with you and listen to your problems because they do have their own problems that they cannot accommodate more stresses from another person. You feel the importance of friends when you are slowly losing them. I need my high school friends, I need my college friends.

Since life in med is different from any other courses, I now see and define my med friends as just transitional friends. Maybe, they would just be my future colleagues but not my true friends. In med, I feel that we just use each other. I think that the label "superficial friends" was coined by me because of the facts that forced us to be close to each other. We were forced to be the person in particular, must support each other all the way. It sucks because I see it like a fake façade.

I hope that I’m wrong when I say that my med friends are just some “superficial” friends. As of now, this is what I’m seeing. It’s sad; but I have no choice. I have to move on, live my life, be who I am, be alone. When you needed friends, you just imagined that they're there... but actually, they're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment