Sunday, January 3, 2010

8 Hours Before Reality


Two weeks is just so fast that vacation ended without me noticing it. Holiday season is always my way of forgetting med school. It provides me the time to be with my loved ones, my relatives, and my friends. Why on earth does it have to end so soon? This frustrates me.

The past holiday break isn't that perfect for me (as what I've written on my previews blogs.) But still, there is this impulse within me not wanting to go back, not wanting to hit myself with books again. Maybe, I'm afraid of the "toxic" life of med school. Leisure as I may quote the holiday season for me. Even if it's not perfect, I do have the chance to relax and stay away from the large stresses pounded on me by med life.

To be honest, I really don't want to go to school..yet (you might have concluded this awhile back.) I'm not (yet) that prepared. Good thing, I still have a reason why I should wake up early tomorrow to go to class-- to see my co-med student friends. Isn't it funny that "they" are the reason why I want to go to class and not to be dictated upon by my dreams of becoming a doctor? Oh well, I guess, i have to reflect on this (which I failed to do during the break.)

So long to the old 2009. I'm not really sure if I learned anything from the past year. What's important is that I'm still here and I'm doing pretty well. I'm still satisfied with life. The mere fact that I see people smile makes me feel that I still need to continue life and that it makes me realize that if they have reasons to smile, then I should also have a reason to do the same.

Off to school in a while. I hope everything would be fine and that I soon find the true reason why I'm still enrolled in med school.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment